Customer Administration Chargeback Specialist
As a Chargeback Specialist inside the Customer Administration Team, you will be responsible for managing both distributor chargebacks and vendor billbacks.
We are looking for a detail oriented individual who can clearly analyze transactional data, resolve issues collaboratively with internal and external partners, and be a contributor to positive change and innovation within the Customer Administration team as the Company works collectively to improve patient outcomes and increase the value we bring to our customers.
In particular you will be expected to:
- Ensure distributor chargebacks are processed timely following customary contract standards.
- Load distributor tracings and resubmissions and provide data for variance reports to key business partners.
- Monitor trends and ensure expected adjustments are reflected in the proper reporting systems and reporting periods.
- Periodically audit chargeback transactions to confirm financial compliance and maintain company profitability.
- Communicate monthly and yearly summaries of transactions to leaders and provide analytical assessments based on monthly trends and / or anomalies.
- Partner with Sales Operations to provide input on new distributor agreements, programs, and policies.
- Work with the other finance teams, IT, and other functional groups to identify, recommend, and implement streamlined and automated processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for chargebacks within the Customer Admin Team.
- Maintain vendor rebate contracts and deliver timely rebate claim submissions and reports.
- Execute efficient and accurate set-up of new vendor rebates: customer account verification, load vendor material code and acquisition pricing and identify vendor rebate contact.
- Support and propose continuous process/system improvement initiatives for vendor rebates such as root cause analysis and error prevention solutions.
- Maintain vendor rebate related training material and updated desktop procedures in order to ensure standard team practices.
- Document any identified gaps in vendor rebate procedures and work with the team leaders and managers to find resolution.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company's short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need to:
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Be detail oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-motivated, independent worker with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- 1-2 years prior experience working with Chargebacks and Rebates.
Education and Location:
- Associate or higher Degree Required.
- Position located in Mettawa, IL.