As a Contract Consultant, you will provide guidance and strong analytical support to the offer development process for agreements across multiple US business segments. You must be able to read, understand, and interpret customer contracts to accurately and efficiently facilitate the approval and execution of agreements.
As a member of the Contract Offer Development team, you will engage and collaborate with our Distributor partners, GPOs, and Commercial Customers; and partner within Commercial Operations and other internal teams to support the development of IDN, GPO/Regional GPO agreements. This role will support US Region policies, processes and governance to ensure the effective implementation of critical contract activities which manage business opportunities and risk appropriately.
We are looking for someone who is an innovative thinker and will drive change in continuous improvement activities, root cause analysis, error prevention solutions around our contracting processes in order to facilitate effective policies and procedures that will deliver sustainable results. This candidate must have the proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of an organization.
In particular you can expect to:
- Work directly with US Sales team members to ensure contract terms are negotiated according to established contract standards T&C policies and procedures, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the RFI/RFP process and the development of agreement templates. Understand and effectively communicate the differences between proposed agreements, compared to similar existing agreements.
- Manage contracts lifecycle including planning, drafting/redlining, execution, amendment, extension and retirement.
- Support sales teams on resolving issues and deal management regarding contract pricing, membership connections and terms as required.
- Oversee daily tactical questions from GPO, customers, BU and field teams, channel management, strategic accounts, etc.
- Maintain high level of customer support-responsiveness, timeliness, customer service (contract/product questions, issues).
- Coordinate post-deal activities and ensure smooth transition with post-deal team counterparts.
- Use the database to ensure performance appropriately supports contract offer activities, workflow management and archiving database as required by company policies.
- Maintain contract information on SharePoint site, providing accurate executable information across the organization.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- 3+ years of commercial contract development and management.
- 3+ years’ experience working with the market/customer landscape and segment pricing strategies, including National and Regional GPOs.
- Strong analytical problem solver with business acumen.
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization.
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Ability to act with speed, agility and accountability to drive desirable outcomes.
- Ability to work in a newly created, evolving organization undergoing significant change.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Travel 5%-10% required.
- BA/BS required (or 10+ years of experience in the applicable area).