Director of Application Operations
As the Director of Applications Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring all critical business supporting applications are operating satisfactorily and business needs and issues are being managed and addressed consistent with expected service level, quality and performance.
This is a sensitive role dealing with commercial risks and significant costs. We are looking for someone with a high level of personal integrity when dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
In particular you can expect to:
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the applications team to ensure your team is achieving business goals.
- Work with the CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to ensure applications operation and support are meeting expected levels of service, quality, and performance.
- Develop and enhance methodologies and practices for the proactive management and maintenance of applications in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure the applications processes (including external service providers) are in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies, and applicable standards and legislation.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet business needs.
- Oversee the assessment of the technical and business fitness of the application portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Facilitate the applications governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications must support.
- Work with vendors and stakeholders to improve the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Work with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to ensure applications are secured and risks are mitigated.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- Experience with IT applications, operations, and service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- Medical Device background including knowledge supporting Regulatory Validated systems and processes.
- Openness to and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, process and technology.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders, and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field.