Director of Application Strategy and Engineering
As the Director of Application Strategy & Engineering, you will report directly to the CIO and oversee internal strategic business partners and Custom Application Development teams.
In this role you will work with the CIO and other IT leaders to develop an IT strategy that is forward thinking and promotes transformation. You will also be responsible for all activities that optimize the value, cost, and risk of applications.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a changing environment and drives business results with their understanding of strategic business objectives and ability to communicate effectively with technical teams, stakeholders, and senior management.
In particular you can expect to:
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of vaue.
- Work with the CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization and other IT teams to ensure applications operation and support are meeting expected levels of service, quality, and performance.
- Lead, empower, and motivate your team through mentorship and coaching – developing them professionally and grow business.
- Develop and enhance the practices for the application life cycle management so that we are following practical best practices and continuously looking for ways to improve.
- Oversee relationships with major vendors and service providers, ensuring they cost-effectively meet business needs.
- Ensure applications processes (including external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Work with the chief information security officer (CISO) to ensure applications are secure and risks are mitigated.
- Facilitate the applications governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes applications must suport.
- Work with stakeholders and the application governance council to define a prioritized set of business outcomes and application work to accomplish those outcomes within budget.
- Work with stakeholders to accomplish this application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Oversee support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field
Located in Mettawa IL