Sr. Principal Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Principal Automation Engineer to join the Vyaire team who is an innovative thinker, has a passion for driving transformation and will own and drive projects to completion. In this role you will be responsible for design, maintenance, and deployment of products to measure and test our products in development and manufacturing.
As a senior member of the team you mentor and share your expertise with your team – implementing new and innovative procedures for engineering design and author robust documentation.
At Vyaire, our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and take risk to pioneer innovations, allowing you to push the bounds of the possible and propel yourself forward.
In particular you can expect to:
- Work independently with equipment manufactures to produce and validate complex processes in support of design transfer activities.
- Use advanced analysis tools and methods to solve complex technical problems.
- Work cross-functionally, understand user needs and translate those needs into design requirements and verify process design output meets design input.
- Identify data requirements, often beyond the standard, and collect all relevant data needed to analyze a complex problem, situation, or issue.
- Apply hypotheses and an understanding of cause and effect when analyzing a complex process, situation, issue, or discerning data patterns.
- Apply comprehensive understanding of concepts in technical areas to design relatively advanced solutions; demonstrate understanding of key business drivers.
- Evaluate and apply product and machine tradeoffs and constraints for design and process optimization.
- Assist in due diligence on new technology, license or acquisition opportunities.
- Collaborate with and educate others on process and technical issues.
- Collaborate with internal/external customers and all relevant parties to deliver services.
- Track internal trends and suggest process improvements based on observed data.
- Question current methods while evaluating broad implications, to develop practical improvements; focus on achieving goals rather than a fear of failure.
- Approach issues from multiple perspectives and collaborate with internal/external customers in generating creative, effective and practical solutions.
- Act as a key technical contributor in a complex environment of new product development and product engineering projects.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience - medical device manufacturing.
- Demonstrate comprehensive experience in process and machine design and development.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of process and machine design principles and its application in solving complex problems.
- Demonstrate comprehensive working knowledge of the design control process.
- Depth and breadth of experience in medical device manufacturing; integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Serve as an expert in design for manufacturing.
- Serve as an expert in custom automation.
- Knowledge of Labview and Solidworks.
- Concept design and designs for manufacturability.
- Custom Automation Control Systems, PLC.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. MS degree preferred.
- Location: The current office is based in Yorba Linda however we be moving to the Irvine area. Once property is identified in Irvine this position will relocate to the new space based in the Irvine area.