Director of Manufacturing Engineering
As the Director of Manufacturing Engineering, you will oversee the manufacturing engineering teams - fostering growth and innovation. As a leader, you will be a key technical contributor in a complex environment of new product development and manufacturing engineering projects.
We are looking for someone to join the Vyaire team who will question current methods while evaluating broad implications, to develop practical improvements while focusing on success and bringing value to our customers.
In particular you can expect to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive experience in process design and development.
- Apply lean six sigma manufacturing methods to drive continuous improvement and process optimization.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of process design principles and its application in solving complex problems.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the design control process.
- Uses advanced analysis tools and methods to solve complex technical problems.
- Work with cross-functional team, understand user needs, translate needs into design requirements and verify process design output meets design input.
- Work independently to create and validate complex processes in support of design transfer and sustaining engineering activities.
- Evaluate and apply product and process tradeoffs and constraints for design and process optimization.
- Mentor colleagues and share expertise.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience; consumable and capital equipment medical device manufacturing.
- Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Concept design and design for manufacturing.
- ISO 14385.
- Relevant experience in consumable medical devices and capital equipment
- Demonstrate understanding of key business drivers and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Apply root cause analysis and Lean Six Sigma tools for process improvement and waste reduction.
- Identify data requirements, often beyond the standard, and collect relevant data needed to analyze a complex problem, situation or issue.
- Track internal trends and identify process improvements based on observed data.
- Apply hypotheses and an understanding of cause and effect when analyzing a complex process, situation or issue or discerning data patterns.
- Apply comprehensive understanding of concepts within own technical areas to design advanced solutions.
- Quickly adapt to fluid situations and keep focused on delivering on own goals / commitments.
- Understand cultural and geographic differences and their impact on outcomes.
- Seek out different perspectives and integrates them into one's own decision making process.
- Collaborate with and educate others on process and technical issues.
- Approach issues from multiple perspectives and collaborate with internal/external customers in generating creative, effective and practical solutions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. MS degree preferred.
Location: The current office is based in Yorba Linda however we be moving to the Irvine area. Once property is identified in Irvine this position will relocate to the new space based in the Irvine area.