Senior Privacy Counsel, Global Compliance
As the Senior Privacy Counsel, Global Compliance, you will be responsible for a substantial area of the business, providing guidance on matters relating to Privacy and Legal compliance. This key position will be accountable for developing and operationalizing our global Privacy compliance program strategy in accordance with European Union (EU), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws and regulations.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced legal privacy compliance professional who is capable of being deployed on diverse, challenging projects to support the program in its first year of development. This position reports directly to the VP, Chief Compliance Officer for Vyaire Medical and is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of an effective global compliance and ethics program. Additionally, this position will implement privacy processes and controls, advise on privacy legal matters, administer privacy training, investigate, evaluating and reporting on issues, and risk assessment.
In this role, you will interact with all levels within the organization including Vyaire senior management. It is essential that the person in this role be of unquestionable integrity, sensitive to the confidential nature of the work, and a polished and effective communicator who conveys calm under pressure.
In particular you can expect to:
- Operationalize ground build Privacy compliance program strategy through execution of risk assessment outcomes in a prioritized risk based manner.
- Ensure effective remediation of non-compliant situations within its assigned areas, through the implementation/re-design of processes and testing of their effectiveness.
- Work closely with peer level operational management and provide advice on the interpretation and implementation of privacy policies and evaluate the compliance implications of planned business activities.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate-wide Global Privacy Compliance initiatives and working groups
- Build, maintain and strategically influence relationships across the organization particularly with Human Resources, Legal, Finance, and Information Security.
- Recommend solutions and problem solve in a manner that shows strategic and tactical thinking.
- Work successfully, individually and within a team environment, building strong relationships and maintaining rapport with departmental and business colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience managing a comprehensive Privacy Compliance program.
- At least 3 years’ experience in healthcare, medical device, pharmaceutical, and/or biotech experience desirable, but not required.
- Proven ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a manner that builds, maintains, and enhances a positive and productive working relationship.
- Proven ability to positively influence others at all levels/functions of the organization.
- Proven ability to tolerate ambiguity and to remain flexible when the pressure is on.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proven ability to multi-task while meeting various deadlines.
- Proven track record of cross-functional leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Proven experience in working with HIPAA (PHI and PI), HITECH, and EU laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in assessing compliance through formal and informal risk assessment processes, identifying gaps and recommending and implementing compliance solutions.
- Experience in using various systems and databases to conduct research and generate reports (e.g. EthicsLine, risk management tracking, and case management).
- Undergraduate degree required.
- JD required.
- Field work/travel approximately 10-20%