Assistant Corporate Controller
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Controller Assistant Corporate Controller will be accountable for all aspects of the finance and accounting operations for the company globally and will have responsibility for activities such as the monthly and yearly closing, controllership governance, consolidations, account reconcialtion and analysis, accounts receivable and payable operations, transaction processing and statutory reporting. Responsible for establishing corporate accounting policies and practices; directly managing third-party accounting providers in addition to international accounting functions. This individual will ensure corporate compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, while assisting management with accurate and timely financial information.
You can expect to:
- Direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions including general accounting, consolidations providing oversight to the payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Develop and implements financial accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of month-end close and quarterly reporting.
- Ensure internal controls within the Company in terms of policies and procedures are followed.
- Continually identify opportunities to streamline processes. Engages team in the evaluation of existing processes and related internal controls make recommendations for improvement ensuring robust and appropriate internal controls
- Accountable for US GAAP including performing research and analysis of technical accounting issues affecting the Company.
- Manage SEC reporting including form10-Qs, 10-Ks and other registration statements.
- Lead special projects as assigned that impact SEC, debt / equity offerings and M&A.
- Manage the relationship with the public accounting firm, administering their progress and implementing relevant recommendations.
- Assists with the annual worldwide budgeting and planning process and the development of management reporting systems, including forecasting and financial analysis.
- Partner with global finance and external reporting teams to develop the company wide accounting process and ensure financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Responsible for leading a high performing team.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- Strong academic credentials, including an undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline.
- 5 years demonstrated Controller experience in the manufacturing industry or similar public accounting experience preferred
- Carve out experience preferred
- FDA regulated industry experience preferred
- Experience utilizing financial systems with SAP and Host Analytics experience preferred Experience contributing toward the development of department strategy.
- Proven leadership experience and accomplished problem solver
- FX accounting experience
- CPA required and MBA desirable
- SEC reporting experience preferred
- Location: Mettawa, IL
- Travel: 20%