Principle Database Engineer – Hosted Analytics
The Respiratory Knowledge Portal is a hosted analytics application designed to help hospitals identify and address variability in the care process. This type of technology is a fundamental component of the Vyaire strategy which is helping our customers improve clinical and financial outcomes.
In particular you can expect to:
- Efficiently make coding and/or design decisions with multiple simultaneous dimensions in mind.
- Efficiently adapt to change or manage ambiguity successfully.
- Maintain and optimize a variety of development projects and design new features.
- Develop shared components and tools, analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices.
- Train and mentor other engineers.
- Help lead architectural decisions, participate in the design process, conduct reviews, and ultimately own and support the product implementation.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- 7+ years’ experience working in a formal lifecycle development environment desired.
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on database code and reporting services development for Near Real Time Reporting and Analytical Systems.
- Have an eye toward customer experience.
- working in a highly government-regulated environment (FDA, FAA, DoD)
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
- Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies essential and creating short iterative release cycles.
- Experience using C# or .Net in conjunction with OOD methodology is desired.
- Previous experience in a Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, .Net)
- Experience must be in building software products used by business operations and/or delivered to customers as web-application products or other hosted solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Computer Science Degree, preferred.
- Location: The current office is based in Yorba Linda however we be moving to the Irvine area. Once property is identified in Irvine this position will relocate to the new space based in the Irvine area.