Integrated Solutions Engineering Manager
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to coach, inspire and lead a 12 member software development team using agile methodologies. In this role, you will partner with an Architect and Technical Leader to ensure that we deliver innovative, effective software solutions to compliment the life support and respiratory devices we market worldwide.
In addition to leadership and coaching skills, the ideal candidate will have experience managing teams who have delivered Cloud based, Software As A Service (SaaS) applications. It is also critical that the candidate have subject matter expertise in software development, database development and the principles of software quality engineering in a regulated environment.
- Performance management – Ensure that the team is motivated, empowered and capable of doing great work every day using agile development principles.
- Managing through metrics and reporting – Employ metrics to optimize team performance and enable metrics based portfolio management.
- Process Management –Vyaire Medical is a medical device company with a software quality management system. The Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring that all the requirements and deliverables of the QMS are met. Our QMS is continually improving, and you will be expected to lead that improvement process.
- People Management – You will directly manage a team of software engineers, database engineers and software quality engineers. You will be responsible for recruiting, retention and performance management for this team.
- Development process and product delivery – This position will directly manage the user story writing, development, testing and release processes for medical device software. This includes responsibility for refining our development processes, ensuring compliance with our quality management systems, and the successful deployment of the new and existing products.
- Successful track record of leading an agile software development team in a regulated environment (FDA, FAA, DOD).
- 7+ years experience applying agile principles in in a regulated or medical quality management system.
- Track record of commercializing useful, useable software applications that resulted in strong revenue growth and profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Computer Science Degree, preferred.
- Experience working with a user experience design function to translate UXD outputs to user stories and then into innovative software products.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on database code and Reporting Services development for Near Real Time Reporting and Analytical Systems.
- Experience using C# or .Net in conjunction with Object Oriented Design methodology is required.
- Previous experience in a Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, .Net)
- Experience building software products used by business operations and/or delivered to customers as web-application products or other hosted solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Experience with HL7, WiFi, serial communication devices, HIPPA compliance, and cybersecurity are desirable.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
Location: Irvine, CA.