Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Strategic Manager
We are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Strategic Manager with experience in culture based EH&S program leadership to join our team! In this role, you will assist in the documentation of current location safety programs with the goal of implementing EH&S management systems and metrics to allow the business to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements. Your leadership and stewardship will help champion a culture based proactive compliance, safety and sustainability program that can be shared by site EH&S leaders to develop a unified team approach.
In particular you can expect to:
- Advice the Facilities Team on all areas concerning occupational and process safety, occupational hygiene, and environmental protection, ensure compliance.
- Ensure all EH&S requirements are strictly followed by everyone working on site.
- Identify potential hazards from equipment, materials, substances, manual activity, etc. that could cause injury.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on EH&S topics e.g. regulatory, environmental aspects, PTW, contractor management, and others as required.
- Lead and participate in regular audit L2 of the EH&S management system and L1/GEMBA/inspection of the work environment.
- Lead the analysis using 6-step RCA, and maintain documents of any accident, near – miss accident, occupational illness, etc. that occurs in the workplace.
- Lead, support, and organize training for on-site emergency response team.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- 10+ years' experience in the medical device industry is preferred or related.
- Sound knowledge of OSHA and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) regulations.
- People change management concepts and practice.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, EH&S or equivalent.
- Up to 50% travel
- Location: Irvine, CA