Director of Corporate Development and Strategy
The Director of Corporate Development & Strategy will interact and collaborate with the executive leadership team and platform leaders, to develop a portfolio strategy that accelerates our overall growth trajectory. A strategic part of our growth plans will be M&A. You will be expected to lead cross-functional teams through the process of building a business case and investment recommendation that will have a lasting impact on our portfolio plans. Moreover, we will look for this role to lead all aspects of transaction evaluation and execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence and negotiation of legal documentation.
In particular you can expect:
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within our existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation analysis for potential transactions and leading research, developing models and valuation scenarios.
- Leading and implementing due diligence for potential transactions including but not limited to pre close and post close activities.
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by our Executive Management team.
- Leading negotiations of transaction terms and legal documentation.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax and other departments of the company to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Maintaining and tracking key business development metrics including weekly corporate development meetings.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry or consulting practice to be considered as a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, analysis and research in heavily transactional situations.
- Experience with a variety of transaction structures for comprehensive analysis.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Location: Mettawa, IL
- Travel: 30%