Principal Manufacturing Engineer
As a Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will be a key technical contributor in a complex environment of engineering projects working on industry leading technology. In this role you will serve as an expert in electromechanical assembly, process optimization, plastics processing, and automation.
We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to push the status quo, can work well with cross-functional teams, serve as an expert in design for manufacturing, and mentor and share expertise with colleagues.
In particular you can expect to:
- Identify and drive cost saving opportunities within the factory.
- Identify data requirements, often beyond the standard, and collects all relevant data needed to analyze a complex problem, situation or issue.
- Collaborate with and educate others on technical issues.
- Apply hypotheses and an understanding of cause and effect when analyzing a complex process, situation or issue or discerning data patterns.
- Collaborate with internal/external customers and all relevant parties to deliver services.
- Identify advanced implications/conclusions from the logical analysis of a complex situation or issue.
- Apply comprehensive understanding of concepts within own technical areas to design relatively advanced solutions; demonstrates understanding of key business drivers.
- Track internal trends and suggests process improvements based on observations.
- Question current methods while evaluating broad implications, to develop practical improvements; focuses on achieving goals rather than a fear of failure.
- Approach issues from multiple perspectives and collaborates with internal/external customers in generating creative, effective and practical solutions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with leadership across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- A minimum of 6 years related work experience required; medical device manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Solidworks.
- Concept Design and Designs for Manufacturability.
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Engineering principles and its application in solving complex problems.
- Working knowledge of the design control process.
- Uses advanced analysis tools and methods to solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated abilities to working with cross-functional team and independently on complex technical problems.
- Has depth and breadth of experience in capital equipment medical devices; integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and non-standard situations.
- Mentors colleagues and shares expertise.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. MS degree preferred.
- Location: The current office is based in Yorba Linda however we be moving to the Irvine area.