IT Communications Manager
As IT Communications Manager, this role is responsible for delivering against the IT Communications Strategy, which promotes technology solutions and services that drive business results. A primary focus of this position is executing communication plans and tactics that encourage end-user awareness, adoption and satisfaction with IT deployments. As a secondary role, this position also maintains IT-related content on the employee intranet.
In particular you can expect:
- Execute against the IT communications strategy in four areas: Communications Infrastructure, Business Communications, Leadership Communications and Reputation Communications.
- Raise visibility, understanding and partnership with IT across Vyaire, as well as within the IT function.
- Implement effective, simple, consistent communication processes within IT and with Vyaire end users and business leaders.
- Manage daily, global IT content publication calendar, including:
- CIO communications to various audiences
- Regular updates to the IT department page on the company intranet
- Regular email newsletter to all end-users regarding technology trends and news
- As-needed end-user communications regarding IT technology deployments, changes and critical incidents
- Copywriting and light graphic design for various project-specific communications, including infographics, intranet articles, key messages/FAQs, user guides, presentation decks and other communications as required.
- Support site-specific communications needs, such as campus wide or IT events; or communication needs specific to social responsibility or diversity & inclusion.
- Manage internal and external vendors in graphic design, SharePoint and Web design/programming, production and shipping.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with leaders within IT and across the business
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field with a thorough understanding of communications principles and practices.
- Knowledge of IT work processes strongly desired (end-user solutions, SAP and non-ERP applications, IT PMO processes, etc.).
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible communications experience, preferably in corporate communications with a focus on employee communications and online channels.
- Excellent communication and project-management skills with very strong writing, proofing and editorial skills.
- Strong customer-focus, capable of analyzing audience needs and developing appropriate content.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to drive projects from development to completion.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
- Ability to effectively partner with management, team members and all levels of employees.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint strongly preferred.
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Basic graphic design capabilities preferred (PowerPoint, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Location: Mettawa, IL
- Travel: 25%